One thing unique about our office is that for new patients our dentists typically perform the first cleaning themselves! – This is truly the best opportunity for the dentist to get to know you and your oral health personally. They take the time to screen and diagnose any areas of concern and if you need dental treatment, they can show you using our intra-oral cameras and show you the problem areas on a flat screen monitor. They will lay out a clear treatment plan and provide you with all the best options.
Our dentists are super-conservative – they do not recommend treatment for the sake of gaining production like other dental offices in the area. We will only recommend treatment that is critical for your oral health and well-being.
Routine 6-month dental exams are more than a recommendation – they are a necessity. Some patients who show signs of periodontal disease may need to come in every 3 months and need 3-4 cleanings a year to maintain healthy gums.
During this visit we will:
- Gently clean your teeth to remove plaque and tartar
- Examine your gums for signs of disease
- Check for the onset of tooth decay
- Inspect dental work like fillings, crowns, dentures, or sealants
- Check your face, neck, and mouth for signs of oral cancer
- Take digital x-rays, if necessary
- Safely polish teeth for a bright, white smile
We try to make these appointments as quick and painless as possible – in general you can be in and out of the dental office in 1 hour. If you live in the Westerville, Gahanna or New Albany area please call Serene Smiles at 614-568-3909 to schedule an appointment.