Traditional porcelain crowns at Serene Smiles are completed in two appointments. In the first visit, we will prep the tooth, take an impression and place a temporary crown. In about two weeks, the permanent porcelain crown will be bonded into place.
Crowns are among the last line of defense for restoring teeth that have been compromised by large cavities, failing restorations, or traumatic injury.
A dental crown can:
- Protect compromised tooth enamel
- Restore the tooth to normal functioning capabilities
- Retain a tooth that may otherwise require future extraction
- Preserve teeth that have undergone a root canal treatment
- Match the color of surrounding natural teeth